Friday, November 30, 2012

Tomorrow is My Birthday. Read This.


As promised and because tomorrow is mine, I will be talking about birthdays, and not just mine. Well that's not true, probably primarily mine. Andso here I go.

So tomorrow is my birthday and I will be 23 years old, and I've already gone through three different stages of excitability in association to my birthday. Up to grade 7 I believe I was super enthusiastically excited for my birthday. Then high school came around and it kind of just fizzled out. It's not that I didn't care it's just that I wasn't overly excited because I felt that validation came from the number of people who showed up or said "Happy Birthday", now take in your account that this was before Facebook was huge.

Arg. I don't want to talk about my birthday it's just uninspired and I'm immensely unmotivated to write about this because it will end up with me reliving feeling bad about myself and that's not something I want to do.

Since I don't want this to be short I will give 23 unsolicited life tips.
1. It's okay to stalk a fictional character, but not a real living person.
2. Chances are if you just met the person, it's infatuation not love.
3. Try things.
4. Read books.
5. To paraphrase an author and professional video blogger "The thing about pain is that it demands to be felt"
6. Don't be afraid to be silly.
7. Believe in something.
8. Be nice.
9. It's okay to judge as long as long as you're open to having your opinion changed.
10. You are allowed to be both afraid and unafraid.
11. Don't let your friends make up your mind for you. Think for yourself.
12. Have friends.
13. Like things or people, even if your friends and family don't get it.
14. Learn a second language, even if it's of a fictional peoples.
15. Let people get close enough to you that they could hurt you.
16. Watch either a sunset or a sunrise at least once.
17. It's easy to be a phallus and phallus adjacent, and sometimes that's okay.
18. Life happens when it's meant to be.
19. Celebrate the little things.
20. Don't Forget To Be Awesome.
21. Your imagination is useful so put it to full use.
22. Have fun.
23. In association to life there's one thing that comes to mind, a quote by Robert Frost. "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”


Post Script: In writing these out I realise that some of them are meant to be shared with all of you, but a lot of them are meant for me.

No comments: