Thursday, July 12, 2012

Forward Motion


So in the town that I live in there are very few places that I have noticed for blossoming artists to display their works. But fortunately there is the Nanaimo Arts Council. Though what the Arts council does is not much in terms of nurturing young artists throughout the year they do have a couple showcases where local artists can submit their works to be displayed(at a price). Now I did this for their annual Summer Showcase, because I am proud of my photography and would really like to share is and possibly make money off of it. I didn’t mention that on top of the art work being showcased it is also judged with the possibility of cash prizes as well all submitted pieces must be for sale. And tomorrow night Thursday July 12, 7pm 2012, is the Awards reception for this. The winners will be announced there and I will probably be the most under dressed person there. No dress code was mentioned to me and the recent weather has been quite hot. As well I am by no means a small fellow, so showing up in formal wear would only make me sweat more. Therefore I shall be wearing what I refer to as Summer Formal Khaki shorts, a simple single colored t-shirt,   and a collared button down t-shirt unbuttoned over top and a pair of almost tumblr blue skate shoes that happen to be falling apart. 
Post script: This is the photo I entered.

No comments: